From Colombia to Arkansas

Tuesday, August 01, 2006




The big trees in the background are laureles trees. They are beautiful and grow in the median between the streets. They provide MUCH welcomed shade. The place with the bars is a restaurant we ate at. It is open air as are most of the places around here.

God has truly blessed us. He is hearing all of our prayers. Everything has gone so smoothly. The children seem to be bonding to us. They even call us ma and pa.....and sometimes mama and poppa (emphasis on the last syllables). It is so cute. Thank you all so much for your prayers. We love you. p.s. As I write this, Ross Carlos is asleep in my lap. I was singing to him the one song I know in Spanish that I learned 12 years ago on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic and he passed out (probably from my singing).

2 Comments:

Blogger cmbbyrd said...

That was so sweet about you singing the song. I am so glad that things are going so well and they seem to be bonding. I'm ready for some bonding!

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad to hear things are going smoothly. I guess that your big breakfast eaters will have to get some of your famous pancakes soon, right?

It's sweet that they are already calling you mama and papa. I'll be praying for you over the next few weeks that all of your days will be this precious.

6:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home